Foods, cosmetics, pharmaceutics
Export opportunities for natural ingredients
For many years, the demand for natural ingredients has been steadily growing on the European market – and this trend is also set to continue into the future. Organic foods have long since ceased to be niche products and have now captured the mass market. In addition, smart-thinking companies in the food industry are increasingly replacing artificial additives with natural ingredients.
But it is not only in the food sector that there is a need for natural ingredients: Many companies in the pharmaceutics and cosmetics industries are also on the lookout for more and more new suppliers of natural ingredients.
So, if you are a supplier of natural ingredients for foods, cosmetics and pharmaceutics, and if you also have organic, ISO standards, HACCP, IFS, BRC or Fairtrade certification, then IPD can assist you in entering the European market.
For European companies, corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability in global supply chains have an increasingly central role to play in addition to certification. In this aspect too, IPD will support you with the appropriate training.
Natural ingredients that are particularly sought after in Europe
- Essential oils: e.g. of chamomile, patchouli, artemisia, and citrus
- Extracts: e.g. vanilla, pepper, cinnamon, ginger, various fruits
- Fatty oils: e.g. shea butter, sacha inchi oil, avocado oil, moringa oil, apricot kernel oil as well as saturated fats from nuts (e.g. Brazil nuts, walnuts)
- Pulses: e.g. kidney and pinto beans, peas, white beans
- Coffee and cocoa: e.g. specialty coffee and cocoa (incl. fine flavour cocoa), cocoa derivatives, cocoa butter and cocoa nibs
- Coconut products: e.g. coconut sugar, coconut water, coconut oil, coconut flakes and rasps
- Herbs and spices: e.g. basil, thyme, hibiscus, ginger, chamomile, turmeric, nutmeg, cloves, peppermint, senna, vanilla or cinnamon as well as medicinal and aromatic plants
- Natural colourings: e.g. amaranth, annatto, butterfly pea flower
- Nuts: e.g. walnuts, almonds, pistachios, peanuts
Become IPD Partner!
Do you offer natural ingredients for foods, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals?
We are always looking for exciting products. This also applies to products that we do not have on the list yet.
- Seeds and grains: e.g. quinoa, amaranth, chia, oil seeds, specialty rice
- Sweeteners: e.g. coconut flower sugar, panela, yacon syrup, date syrup, honey, kithul
- Tea: e.g. black and green tea, tea blends, guayusa, dried citrus peels
- Processed fruit and vegetables: e.g. (sun-)dried, freeze-dried, deep-frozen/individual quick frozen (IQF), pulps, concentrates, preserves
- Thickening and gelling agents: e.g. carob seeds and derivatives, rice starch
We network you with European importers at these trade fairs
With more than 70,000 visitors from 169 countries and more than 4,600 exhibitors from 98 nations, Anuga is the world's leading trade fair for food and beverages.
BIOFACH is the world's leading trade fair for organic food. Its combination with the organic cosmetics trade fair VIVANESS provides excellent networking opportunities.
Fi Europe is the world’s largest gathering of F&B ingredient buyers and suppliers. Over 1,200 exhibitors from 135 countries are expected to attend the event in 2022.
In-cosmetics global welcomes 95% of the world's top suppliers of personal care ingredients – an excellent opportunity to discover the latest trends and solutions.
SIAL is the biggest one-stop shop in the food industry. Every two years, producers, importers and retailers from all around the world meet in Paris for five days of inspiration and exchange.
The European market is waiting for your products
The demand in Europe for natural ingredients is higher than ever before. Consumers pay increasing attention to products whose ingredients are the most natural. Therefore, we are looking for suppliers of high-quality ingredients in the partner countries listed here.
We want you to be successful on the European market right from the start. That's why we bundle our know-how into helpful guides that you can download here free of charge. Avoid typical mistakes and benefit from the expertise of the IPD professionals.